Sunday, January 29, 2012

Celebrating Sabbats

I know its random and it might get off track but...

I love the Sabbats! There plain and simple but obviously there is more to it... Sabbats are a celebration of the sun, the cycles of the Earth and the seasons themselves, and I find that is the be the best thing to celebrate that everyone can come together and appreciate. More then a particular deity every pagan can appreciate Winter Solstice or Beltane. I also feel though that anyone from any religion can celebrate the change of the season and what each one brings to us. My favorite seasons are Spring and Fall... when everythings changing and the weather is cool spring brings bright colors and pastel and the reds and oranges of fall just bring a joy to me even though it means the cold will soon be here.

I love that Imbolc is coming up so soon because for me I get to honor one of my patron God Eros!...

My favorite thing to do for Sabbats and I'm sure its obvious from my previous blogs is crafts... I is a crafty witch lol... I find new things to do every year and I have my traditions that I seem to do every year... and I seem to mix a lot of my Sabbat crafts together... for Yule I made a corn dollie next year I plain on dipping the husks in colors like green and red. I love hearing of other peoples crafts... (so anyone know of good crafts please send them my way)...

What's you favorite holiday and are their any particular crafts you do for it?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deleted this because of my terrible grammar haha..see my post below:)

      Delete
  2. My favorite turn of the Wheel is Samhain...gotta stick with a classic. But I am new to crafting at the holidays and oh so excited to be friends with you Lilly because you are making celebrating the Wheel so fun! I love the crafts that you post about and the one's we have done together. This year, for Ostara, I want to hollow out eggs and dye them...can we do this?

    ReplyDelete