Sunday, June 14, 2015

Day 1 of Kpt Frankincense

My first night with Kpt was a fairly easy night. Frankincense is a resin that breaks up and powders quite easily. The youtuber Mirth and Reverence suggests a wonderful idea for flying resin chips that looks a bit like a out of control firework display, of putting a towel over the resin and break the resin up that way so it doesn't leave your mortar. I spent time after it had powdered just to spend more time meditating.


Such an old and traditional ingredient. 

For me this made me think of history and ancestors and the ones who would have used these incense since its been used so much over such a long period of time. All of the ones that we are connected to throughout time. The smell that came from the frankincense seemed to be giving me energy and strength. 
I felt this to be a very spiritually connected and purifying, I am glad that I started with this resin I originally chose it to be my first ingredient because the Ancient Egyptians burned Frankincense in the morning and Myrrh in the noon day sun and Kpt at night after the sun had set. I wanted Frankincense first and Myrrh as the middle ingredient. After however it just felt right to have the first night be started with acknowledgement of the past and cleansing.

Another thing I did for this take out my oracle cards that had my ancient Egyptian gods and goddess to be on my altar and part of my meditation.
Some may repeat depending on the night but I did find it a wonderful artistic addition to my meditation.


I realized as well before I burned it. I took time running my hands through the powder, feeling the texture. Smelling my hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment