Sunday, November 6, 2011

Getting an affordable BOS

I've had a few books that I started but I have always lost heart in completing one. From 3 ring binders to leather bound journals. However a few months ago I decided ti really commit to a BOS. I've had issues with this before because the binders I never could really connect to and the leather bound journals if you made a mistake or wanted to switch things around it was too late...
OH and one other thing a nice Book of Shadows is SOOO incredibly expensive! The ones I have liked have been upwards of 250$.

PLEASE NOTE: no one is paying me to promote anyone... I only promote people that I have bought from and had a good experience with...

But I have found a beautiful solution... I have found an artist based out in Wisconsin and she also sells premade or custom BOS. I got mine custom done for I believe 125$!!! The cover has her artwork on it has colored ribbons as markers... and hand stained paper... now with the problem I had with not being able to move pages around that is fixed it has 3 metal rods that can be screwed out and so you can be moved around.  The process of having the book made was really nice... the artist is very nice and answers questions quickly. If you do get a custom book you get to pick the color of the paper used on the book as well as the piece of art on the book from her collection (or get a custom piece of art for a price) then you get to pick the color of the satin and organza ribbons...

You can contact her either at mysticmoonmedia.com or http://www.etsy.com/shop/mysticmoonmedia

This is mine...







1 comment:

  1. Awesome book Lily! I have looked at these books on Etsy many times, but haven't purchased one yet...I can't make up my mind which one I want, so many beautiful choices!

    ReplyDelete