Friday, November 18, 2011

Tools of the Magickal Trade: Materials of Tools

Okay so I love this topic because I find it present in my path. When a type of material works REALLY WELL for you and when another material works horribly. For example I am very attracted to and work well with stone but when it comes to tools made out of wood I have to be EXTREMELY cautious. There are many types of tools and almost equally the amount of materials those tools are made out of... why the hell is it important what material a tool is made out of? An Athema is not going to be the same for you if it is made out of metal or wood for example... and even when it comes to wooden tools if you feel a connection with Oak and not to Ceder DO NOT BY A CEDER JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE OAK. You have to be patient and the pay off will be so great when you do find that tool.

Test things out and realize look and reflect on the items that you are attracted to even if you didn't know it at first there will be a pattern. I thought that I had no connection or really good energy with any wooden tools because all my tools ended up being other things. The one time I did give in and tried a wooden wand it failed miserably. It didn't feel right it felt awkward it just was blehh... so i stopped even trying and that's when I found an athema made out of maple and cherry wood... and all of a sudden I am really attracted to all of these things made out of maple wood... It really made sense after a while it was always my favorite tree in meditations it had always been a maple tree that I visualized...

but again its different for everyone when in doubt hold the item for a while but for me I find myself first visually attracted to the item and then when I hold it and I can feel the energy and that's when I am usually sold on an item... but there are sooo many options out there in this product filled world so if you don't like stone the item is probably made in a different material somewhere and you will find one that works for you...

Some of the more common materials are:
Wood
Stone
Gem
Metal
but within these categories there are so many options as well...

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. Often I have gone looking for one type of tool I have in mind, only to buy another because it "feels" right. Sometimes something catches my eye. but once in my hand, I can tell it is not right for me. The items I have bought anyway and ignored my gut instinct move on via their own accord. They will just disappear, never to be found again, or often I will give them as gifts to a friend who expresses a desire for just that exact tool.

    ReplyDelete