Monday, November 14, 2011

Tools of the Magickal Trade: Intro

Okay I am going to be creating a little mini series called Tools of the Magickal Trade. My practice is constantly evolving I have bought tools over the years that I still use today. On the other hand there are tools that many believe to be essential and I do not have them. I view tools as personal and individual as ones practice in paganism. This series will be a lot of my interpretation, personal experience and information I use as well as what I have read.

First a couple notes about tools in general:

I have the belief if you don't connect with a particular tool you shouldn't buy one just to have one... It's a waste of money and also wait for a particular tool you connect with... don't just pick the first wand you see. A lot of the time I will first be visually attracted to a particular tool then I will ask to hold the item, and feel the energy in the tool and how it reacts to my touch. This might sound like a strange analogy but if you have seen or read the Harry Potter series they talk a lot about the idea of "the wand chooses the Wizard" and in a sense I think that is true for the tools we use. It is energy that a tool gives off as well as what feels good and comfortable for the user. Using the tool will not have the same affect if you use one that you do connect with compared to one you don't. There are tools that you will not connect to and you find different ways of doing things...

And PLEASE NOTE: The price of the item does not determine how well it works... SO many pagans get their items from thrift stores. Some of my favorite items are on the cheaper side... don't get me wrong the pretty ornate tools are gorgeous but its not NECESSARY... my suggestion is wait till you know the tool works for you before going out and buying the expensive version of that tool...

No comments:

Post a Comment