Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lily's List of Recommeded Reading

lol (I like the title of this one).... okay so here it goes, of what books I have read these are the books that I have liked the most... these books do not all fall under the same sect of paganism but I love all of them and since I am eclectic it works for me... I do have them sorted MOSTLY on the subject matter though so its a little easier to read... I also will give a list of my favorite authors yay!

Let me start off by saying:
Obviously Scott Cunningham is an author everyone loves and you always have people recommending his Solitary Practitioners Guide as well as Living Wicca. For new pagans I do recommend especially the Living Wicca book however, I do disagree with a few things when it comes to some of the details in the book... but I believe that's do to my own personal believes and things I have learned later on...
That being said I believe that a good author to being with besides Cunningham is Kate West.

Favorite Authors
Kate West: All the books I have read so far have been great
D.J. Conway: I only really like her books on dragons though she has books on different subject matter
Scott Cunningham: Even though I don't agree with EVERYTHING he writes I think he was so influential for the pagan community and Wicca...
Ted Andrews: I really like his writing style and the content is really good

 Starter books:

The Real Witches' Handbook by Kate West
Earth Power by Scott Cunningham
Earth, Air, Fire & Water by Scott Cunningham
The Real Witches' Book of Spells and Rituals by Kate West
The Real Witches' Kitchen by Kate West
Living Wicca (For those interested in Wicca) by Scott Cunningham

Reference Books:
The Complete Book of Incense, Oils, and Brews by Scott Cunningham
The Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs by Scott Cunningham
The Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem and Metals by Scott Cunningham
The Crystal Bible

Runes:
The Little Giant Encyclopedia of Runes by Sirona Knight
Nordic Runes by Paul Rhys Mountfort

Zodiac
Sun & Moon signs by Julia & Derek Parker (they also have individual books on each of the zodiac I chose to get the big book...)
The Little Giant Encyclopedia of the Zodiac by The Diagram Group

For the family:
The Family Wicca Book by Ashleen O'Gaea
Circle Round by Starhawk, Diane Baker, and Anne Hill (Normally I would not recommend Starhawk and many people get mad at that idea but I find her information very dry and hard to read but this one I think is great for families)

Misc:
Modern Magick by Donald Michael Kraig
The Magickal name by Ted Andrews
Dancing With Dragons by D.J. Conway
Animal Speak by Ted Andrews

I have read a lot of books yet there are still so many I haven't read that are even in my own library just haven't had the time recently to read them... but I see time opening up and I hope to be adding to this list soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment