Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Magic vs. Magick?

Okay so when I was typing my last blog I was having a real struggle I noticed between the spelling of the word magic and magick. Now there is a lot of controversy about this spelling thing. So people care some people really don't.
The spelling change happened when (I believe) a man named Aleister Crowley chose the spelling to distinguish between "stage magic" and "energy manipulation magick". Many new agers like the difference because k is also the 13th letter in the alphabet. Which is a lucky and powerful number for us pagans.

Now do I make a BIG deal about the spelling of the word... the answer is no. If an author writes it one way and another author decides to use the opposite spelling I will not favor one author over the other. Personally I like to make that distinction especially in writing and use "magick" just so everyone isn't confusing it with stage magic... but that is just me...

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I like the distinction. I also prefer faerie or faery to...fairy, but I don't know the reason behind the difference.

    ReplyDelete